Starting this week I am going to blog about 6 things on my radar. I have so many interests and I thought this would be a great way to share what I’m liking/reviewing/cooking this week. I’ll be featuring everything from make-up to books to recipes that I’ve tried. So here’s my first post!
1. Neon Glow Party – This was featured on Kara’s Party Ideas if you don’t follow her blog, I suggest checking it out. I thought this was a really creative and fun party idea especially for kids with winter time birthdays.
2. Doloris Petunia Friendship bracelets – I am OBSSESSED with Doloris Petunia. I LOVE her creations and I think friendship bracelets are going to make a big comeback this spring/summer. Hers are so amazing and are adorned with Swarovski crystals (who doesn’t love that?!?) Check out her store on Etsy you will love it I promise!
3. The HAC Technique – For those of you not familiar HAC stands for highlight and contour. It’s been all over Pinterest and I must say it has really changed how I wear my make-up. Cara of Maskcara has a great tutorial on everyday make-up that teaches you the HAC method. I use a great bronzer from Tarte that I love and apply it with the #56 foundation brush from Sephora. I can’t tell you what a difference a good brush makes. Invest in one, trust me!
4. Kenneth Jay Lane Emerald Drop Earrings – The new Pantone color this year is Emerald and what better way to embrace the trend than these ahmahzing earrings. They have been around for a while and you can even find a deal on ebay.
5. Frugal Girl’s Tortellini Soup – I tried this recipe last Friday for the big snow. I thought it was pretty good for the most part. I would recommend adding a can of evaporated milk at the very end (make sure it doesn’t boil) and topping with parmesan cheese. I also think it’s really important to find good quality tortellini with a lot of flavor. Overall I give it 3 out of 5 stars. ***
6. Preschool – WOW! I had no idea how early pre-school registration starts. Now I notice the signs every where when I’m driving, but I was blindsided earlier this month and had to hop to in order to get my baby enrolled. Just a tip to all new parents, registration starts in January!